woensdag 26 februari 2014

Dr. Adrian Van Sinderen Lambert (1872-1952)

“When I returned from Europe I had the ambition to make a living. I thought it would be a difficult thing to do, and a proper, decent thing to do. I took an active part in teaching. This had really always interested me and I have been doing it ever since. I have never become a great or brilliant teacher, although rather better than the average, but not much. I have always hoped to become better but doubt now if I ever shall. I have always desired to do some original research but among the many other duties which seemed necessary I have not made the time. I have no hobbies or special interests outside of my work and would qualify rather well among that vast army of uninteresting, colorless citizens who lead humdrum lives, keep out of scandal, die and are forgotten.” 
(1918)


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten